[Adonthell-devel] Status update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Status update
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:13:05 +0200

It's been pretty quiet lately, so here's at least a small progress report.

I have some map editor changes towards adding new objects to the map,
but it still needs more work. I'm not around this weekend, but I hope
that I'll be able to spend some time on it during the week. Once that
bit is complete, the editor should be ready for some productive use,
although still fairly rough around the edges. But it might be a good
point for a tools release to collect some feedback and ideas for
improvements and new features.

While that work is under way, we should not forget about the bigger
goal of recreating Waste's Edge. There's still GUI work to do (the
border stuff and callbacks we had discussed), loading and saving the
complete game state, plus the improvements listed at
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Road_Map#Dun_Barethsol.

There are also a lot more graphics to convert (the convert_graphics.py
script should work properly now to extract the original Waste's Edge
files). There also remain the map object models to be created, either
manually or with a specifically written editor.

I do hope that we get a lot of that work done during the next 3
months, since I will probably become distracted once Dragon Age is
released. Could also be the other way around, and I might get more
motivation to code after playing a bit. But I fear it might be a
serious time killer for me.