[Adonthell-devel] Re: SDL 1.3 and text input

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: SDL 1.3 and text input
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:38:51 +0100

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> The textbox for input is now aware of unicode as well. The one
> remaining problem is using a font that actually contains the required
> glyphs. I guess the best we can do here is allowing to select a font
> via the config file, just as with v0.3. This should be simple change.

Finally found the time to test the SDL 1.2 input and found a few bugs.
I squashed the most critical ones, but there still seems to remain a
problem when deleting typed characters. I didn't have that with the
SDL 1.3 backend, so I assume base::utf8::from_utf16 doesn't work
completely right. (Although Unicode chars typed seem to appear
correct).

Will have to investigate later. Busy right now ...