Re: [Adonthell-devel] Debug symbols

From: Chris Frey
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Debug symbols
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 04:05:18 -0400

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 09:32:00AM +0200, Josh Glover wrote:
> We should probably change DEVBUILD so that it activates debug mode as
> well, since most people would want debug symbols in a dev build. What
> do you think?

If it's documented, it probably can't hurt, but CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is an
official CMake setting, and folks familiar with CMake will probably
expect it to work as usual.  As long as DEVBUILD doesn't prevent
overriding, it sounds good to me, since it seems rather unexpected that
setting DEVBUILD=1 gives you a "Release" build.

As far as I can see, DEVBUILD is an Adonthell-specific flag, right?

Note that the build type enables secondary flags settings, such as
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG and CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELWITHDEBINFO.  So even those
default flags can be overridden while using the Debug build type.

- Chris