Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio feedback

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Audio feedback
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:15:51 +0200

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Josh Glover <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> The one thing missing to match v0.3 would be to fire an event when the
>>> selected list item changes.
>>
>> OK, easy enough. I'll knock that out forthwith.
>
> Easy enough to implement, harder to test. :)
>
> Kai, would you mind explaining how I can create a conversation with a
> simple dialogue, containing one question and a couple of answer
> options?

Do you really need a conversation with all its prerequisites and
complexities (other than the one in worldtest already)? Could you not
just create a simple layout containing a few buttons between which you
can switch? Could be even simpler than what is in test/guitest.cc?

If you really want/need to go the dialogue route, the easiest way to
get the dialogue is of course using dlgedit:
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tools:Dlgedit:Contents
Since I have the tools up and running, I've prepared something that
hopefully does what you want.

To get that into worldtest, just replace the existing dialogue
(test/data/dialogues/tech_preview.py) with your own. Or do you intend
to use that for some kind of unit test?