Re: [Adonthell-devel] OSX binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] OSX binary
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 23:33:39 +0200

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Had to make some corrections, as unfortunately it had an absolute path inside and thus would not work unless located in a specific directory. As an added bonus, rc2 has the some more issues resolved:

From what I can tell, this binary likely only runs on OSX 10.11. Since I also learned today that building SDL2 from source requires at least OSX 10.7, my plan to build a universally compatible binary on 10.6 has been foiled. Luckily, MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET comes to the rescue, which allows specifying the desired compatibility.

I have recompiled all dependencies and Adonthell itself accordingly, but testing just revealed that I also have to build against Python 2.6 instead of 2.7, as latter is not available on 10.6.

So will have to make another attempt tomorrow, but seems I am on the right track.