Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:12:54 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 11:27 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

I'll call it a day at that point, as I'd rather avoid any disappoinment that might spring from actually running ./configure :-).

Anyway, with a Windows build environment more or less in place, I think I am back on track.

Compiled and working, although not without issues.

The build environment itself is a bit strange, so compiling Adonthell that way is not really straightforward. Not sure if I'll manage to document the process properly.

For now I have just build it the Unix way, so not yet able to through together a (preliminary) package. In fact, getting all the required dependencies into a standalone distribution might be even more tricky than on OSX. I can possibly come up with a script to collect the required dlls, but also need to package Python.

If it really runs without issues remains to be seen. I only got halfway through the intro, before the VM froze completely. I assume the 3D acceleration support is not really great. At least it actually used the D3D renderer :-).

Most severe right now, however, are crashes when switching the display mode. These are in SDL itself, so I'll compile that with debug information next and see if it is something Adonthell does wrong, or some issue of SDL itself.

Will report back when I know more or have a package ready for testing on real hardware.