Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Windows binary
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:26:38 +0200

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

For now I have just build it the Unix way, so not yet able to through together a (preliminary) package. In fact, getting all the required dependencies into a standalone distribution might be even more tricky than on OSX. I can possibly come up with a script to collect the required dlls, but also need to package Python.

I'll give this a go next, but most likely it will have to wait until after my upcoming vacation.

Nearly done. With the OSX scripts as template, I have now a way to copy the engine, all required .dlls and the game files into a folder from which it can run in theory. In practice, it is still missing the Python-related files. By setting PYTHONHOME to where it actually resides outside the package, I can already play.

So the next step is identifying all required Python modules and scripts and also include them into the package. I assume I can identify the required files manually by deleting all .pyc files under $PYTHONHOME, then running Adonthell and checking which .pyc files are present. Don't really know if it can be automated. Guess the best I can come up with is adding a fixed list to the script once I know which files are required.