Re: [Adonthell-general] Further announcements

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Further announcements
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 18:14:33 +0100 (CET)

On 02 Feb 2002 13:11:44 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> I'll also send a 'tle mail to the French mags. Someone to send to
> German/US ones?

I could write the German ones.

> Of course, we couldn't know how many people tried the
> game. A good indicator would be to know how many hits we have on the
> site. Is there a way to have statistics for our site? (like daily
> visits, etc...)

You can ftp the webserver, and there in the weblogs directory you'll find
the daily stats. (Perhaps it might be worth asking if they could generate
monthly stats as well, as they might be a bit more informative.)

> I wondered also. What about slashdot? That'd reach a lot of people, but
> it can do more harm than good. <nasty>For an example, look at
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/04/25/0854228 >:) </nasty>

The question is, are we ready for /. yet? I mean, the demo is good,
compared to other things out there, but then again the whole engine is in
a very early state.

See you the evening,

Kai