Re: [Adonthell-general] Further announcements

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Further announcements
Date: 02 Feb 2002 20:49:47 +0100

> > I wondered also. What about slashdot? That'd reach a lot of people, but
> > it can do more harm than good. <nasty>For an example, look at
> > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/04/25/0854228 >:) </nasty>
>
> The question is, are we ready for /. yet? I mean, the demo is good,
> compared to other things out there, but then again the whole engine is in
> a very early state.

Well, /. is 'News for Nerds'. There are many skilled people that browse
this site, and others who want to keep them informed about the current
interesting things/softwares. I've discovered a lot of nice softwares
through this site, most of them were in development at this time. The
game being playable, it will interest the average user, being in
development it might inform some potentially interested developers. I'd
say that we could make it there, but /. being /., we should tune it well
if we want to have a story there. Anyway, whether the feedback is good
or no isn't really of importance (although I think we have enough
material to please most people), the goal is to make people know we
exist.

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org