[Adonthell-general] Kuro5hin article

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Kuro5hin article
Date: 08 Feb 2002 23:23:42 +0100

Heya again everybody!

Doing a search for "adonthell 0.3" on google (when I'm bored I just run
google on random things - try your friends' name for instance, this can
be funny ;)) I've found a few interesting things, the most interesting
one being that article from Kuro5hin, dated yesterday, talking about
Linux gaming: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/2/6/191038/6926

I quite the interesting part:
"On a brighter note, the Adonthell Project has released version 0.3 of
their RPG engine, as well as a fun mini-RPG called Waste's Edge.
Although they still don't have a battle engine, they've shown that they
don't need one to make a game enjoyable and challenging (I still haven't
been able to figure out who took the jewels!). I can't emphasize enough
how impressed I am with how well this game is put together. The dialogue
is well coded and eloquently written in a Tolkeinesque style, the art is
both unique and cool (uniquely cool?) and the engine seems to be able to
handle anything they or I throw at it. I think this is the most
promising free game in development at this point. That's saying
something, since though there are plenty of games which have serious
potential to be the killer OSS game, suchg as WorldForge, Parsec,
Pingus, and many others."

Cool, eh? The rest of the article is worth reading, too! :)

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org