Re: [Adonthell-general] Mandrake RPM's

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Mandrake RPM's
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:57:18 +0100 (CET)

On 13 Feb 2002 11:22:25 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote

> Wow! Neat! We have to thanks this guy. Does the .spec file come with?*

It doesn't, as he used a tool called 'checkinstall' which does everything
more or less automatically. It can be convinced to keep the specfile it
creates around, but as we have a spec file now, we wouldn't need it.

Apart from that, the RPM's are version 0.3 ones, which is not that much of
a problem, as there shouldn't be any trouble with gcc 3.0 ;). The biggest
issue I see is that the doc directory is included, which is sort of
useless without the rest of the source code. But that is a minor thing.

They also worked on my SuSE, if I tell rpm that I do have SDL 1.2
installed. I haven't installed them though, as I already have the newer
v0.3.1 RPM's I made myself installed.

The problem is, I cannot really down- or upload the 10 meg data file.
That's why I still hope that either Nezumi or Cirrus give it a try.
I guess in our case, any RPM should work on any other (recent) RPM-based
distro, as we don't have any exotic dependencies.

Kai