Re: [Adonthell-general] hello and summer meeting

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] hello and summer meeting
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:00:56 +0200

At Tuesday 09.07.2002 22:29, you wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:55:38 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> That'd suit me as well. Joel finish his training period on end August
> so won't be available before. But anyway We have to set up a date
> which will arrange the most people. So if everybody is ok I think we
> can settle it... and I'll harass Joel so he get free to come anyway!

That'd be cool. Come on Joel! :)

So it'd be Sunday, 28.07. In Bonn (Bad Godesberg actually.)
So can everybody please confirm? Especially you, Ben :).

I'm really looking forward to this!

So am I!
But there have been some slight implications due to me managing to get some work experience in August and September. This was decided of quite short notice. Wouldn't change muuuch to the current plan, except maybe to have it one - or two? - days later. And, if you're all comfortable with that, we could also have it in Berlin instead of Bonn!

Let me explain...

I'd be in Berlin around that time anyway, my work experience will (most likely) start on Monday, 5th August. So if you'd all come up there at say the 29th July we'd have about a week there. We could all stay at our friend's house there, they have a large flat and there'll be enough room for all of us. Plus, I gather that James will be in Berlin anyway (is that right, James?). This is just another wack idea of mine, but it would simplify things for me, and if I interpret James's plans right then also for him. I guess for Kai Berlin or Bonn wouldn't make that much of a difference, neither would it for Nils...? So that's just poor Alex who'd have to travel a few km's more...

Just wanted to hear your opinions on this. If you're not really in favour of it, then that's Ok, and we could meet up in Bonn after all (Just a little more travelling for me). Also it's still not a hundred percent sure wether it's all gonna work. But since I don't want to shock you last minute, I thought I'd warn you beforehand.

So: Bonn or Berlin? Old or new capitol? Small or big town?

If you all decide for the former then this is a confirmation on the place (Bonn), I'd just want to move the date a little then (29th/30th) -> James??

Sorry I'm always coming up with new plans...  :)

C ya Ben

P.S.: Anywayz, we can a have a chat on Sunday at the IRC meet about this. I'll probably have some news by then and can tell you some more details.