[Adonthell-general] Windows version & summer meeting

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Windows version & summer meeting
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 10:43:48 +0200

Hi everybody,

During this summer meeting we want to finalize the Windows version.
Actually there is only a few things gfx related that would need to be
fixed - nearly nothing, actually. We also have to make an install
program using NullSoft's installer. So here is what I propose:

As Waste's Edge runs very well on most machines and that the gfx
problems only happen when we attempt to use hardware acceleration, I
propose to disable all attempt of such acceleration for 0.3 releases.
That way, we would only have to worry about making a clean installer,
and we could spend the rest of the meeting discussing about 0.4.

The gfx system have changed quite a lot between 0.3 and 0.4, and AFAIK
these problems doesn't happen with 0.4 test programs. Unfortunately, the
gfx encoding has changed too, so I can't backport it to 0.3. But since
Waste's Edge is quite light on the gfx side, I think we can do without
hw acceleration.

And that way, we could finally release another 0.3 version! :)

What do you guys think about it?
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org