Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling troubles with CVS code.

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling troubles with CVS code.
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:39:22 +0000

Viktor Stansvik wrote:

> Hello.
> I got very impressed by your work and decided to download the source code
> from CVS. Everything went well: I ran the autogen.sh script, configured,
> downloaded SWIG, configured again and then ran make to get this error:
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/invitro/download/misc/adonthell/adonthell'
> cd . \
>   && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=_AM_File, \
>      /bin/sh ./config.status
> config.status: creating _AM_File,
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: _AM_File,.in
> make: *** [stamp-h2] Error 1
>
> I don't understand what the problem is. There seems to be some error in the
> make-script or something.
> And yes, another thing I thought of as I played wastesedge. One should be
> able to walk diagonally (spelling?). I think it's really annoying that you
> can only walk in two directions.

Hi there!
Can't help u with the compiling problem - one of our code gurus will
surely answer that soon :) (I'm just an art guy) But just to let you
know: In the next version (0.4) you will be able to walk diagonally
(hell, you'll be able to jump up and down even!). It wasn't possible in
0.3 due to the nature of the mapengine - it's all based on square tiles!

                -James