Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling troubles with CVS code.

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Compiling troubles with CVS code.
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:59:59 +0100

----- Originalnachricht -----
Von: Viktor Stansvik <address@hidden>
Datum: Montag, 9. Dezember  2002, 20:31

> Hello.
> I got very impressed by your work and decided to download the
> source code from CVS. Everything went well: I ran the autogen.sh
> script, configured, downloaded SWIG, configured again and then ran
> make to get this error:
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/invitro/download/miscd . \
>  && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=_AM_File, \
>     /bin/sh ./config.status
> config.status: creating _AM_File,
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: _AM_File,.in
> make: *** [stamp-h2] Error 1
>
> I don't understand what the problem is. There seems to be some
> error in the make-script or something.

Seems that you are using an old version of automake. To compile the
code from CVS, you'll need at least 1.5, better 1.6. Just make sure to
rerun autogen.sh after updating automake. Then configure and make as
usual. Tell me if it still doesn't work.

> And yes, another thing I thought of as I played wastesedge. One
> should be able to walk diagonally (spelling?). I think it's really
> annoying that you can only walk in two directions.

No worries, that'll be changed in version v0.4 :).

Kai