Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell French Meetic Report - GUI, SDL, Clanl

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell French Meetic Report - GUI, SDL, Clanlib
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:12:21 +0100

> There is one thing I would like to know! What is wrong with the old
> gui we have so far? It seems to be working pretty well up to now...

It wasn't that bad, right. It'd lack some proper True Type fonts
support, which wouldn't be that much of a pain to add, as well as mouse
support and support for our new input system. While it would maybe
fullfill the in-game GUI demands(provided it is completed), it wouldn't
be enough for tools. On the other hand, maybe we could use other GUIs
for tools. Like SDL embedded in GTK, since Kai is already using GTK for
the dialog editor, but that means having everything in a single window.

Mmmm. When I think about it, the old GUI wasn't *that* bad, and extremly
well integrated into our framework. Joel, what do you think about it?
Improving the old GUI with what it lacks, and keeping it? Others? How
does that sound? After all, we don't need user-moveable Windows, title
bars and such for the game!

Alex.
PS: just for reading comfort: could you strip the useless part of the
messages (the whole mail you're replying to quoted) when replying? I
have the habit to look at the whole mail to see if you haven't replied
anything else! :)
--
http://www.gnurou.org