Re: [Adonthell-general] Fw: Some feedback regarding Waste's Edge

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Fw: Some feedback regarding Waste's Edge
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:59:32 +0100

> - On PPC, the game reacted to keyboard input appropriately, except for
> input fields, where it did not insert the appropriate character. This
> may be caused by chars being unsigned on PPC by default (convention of
> C compilers on that platform).

Weird. Kai, you have a Power, don't you? Haven't you noticed anything?

> - On Alpha, the game segfaulted (or maybe it was a floating point
> exception, I'm not sure and won't be able to check until may) right
> after the initial conversation. Usual problems on Alpha are unaligned
> accesses, assumptions of sizeof(void *) == sizeof(int) ==
> sizeof(long), or C++ code being compiled with pre-3.x gcc.

Wasn't this problem addressed? Or maybe the debian packages haven't been
updated? (which I doubt seriously)

> - During the intro, the narrative switches from first to third person
> rather suddenly. I found this somewhat confusing.

Sensible.

> - When selecting answers from text boxes, it is often not possible to
> scroll up sufficiently far to re-read the statement you're replying to
> (I'd suggest separate boxes if you want to continue using the current
> approach to dialogues)

Page-up/Page-down is your friend! :) But most people are confused by
that, either we should find something else, either provide a in-game
help.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org