Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] French Ministry or Research organizes Free Game programming contest
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:53:07 +0100

> > PS: there might be a problem: it look like they forbid projects that
> > started before January 2003 to participate. Since the dealine for
> > submission is March, it's really stupid unless considering all the
> > judging lines (graphics, music, network, plot, etc!). How can one
> > make such a game in free months during his spare time? I've told
> > them about this issue and asked how could Adonthell participate
> > anyway. I'll keep you informed, but logic would require they cancel
> > this clause.
>
> Oops. That's quite a showstopper, isn't it? Uh, logic? Guess you'll
> have to send Mr. Spock then :P. Let's hope they cancel it (although it
> would be a bit unfair towards those people that actually started in
> January 03).

Actually this appears on the FAQ, but not on the rules. So many projects
like us will subscribe for sure. I noticed it after typing this long
mail, so I thought I'd better write it as a PS instead of changing the
whole mail! ;)

Anyway - I'll fight to death so they cancel this absurdity! ^_^

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org