Re: [Adonthell-general] Proposed rules change

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Proposed rules change
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:09:46 +0100

Am Samstag, 03.01.04 um 05:37 Uhr schrieb Andrew Michael Phillips:

I propose that the rules be altered to allow the use of simple armour and shields at ability level 0. The character's options at this level would be very limited, but I think that we should not force a player to spend half his starting pool of 12 advancement points on the ability to wear shields
and armour. By doing so, I think that we limit the player's available
choices and place the character at a disadvantage in combat.

That sounds sensible enough. Although the rules also say that players start with 1 point in melee combat, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I think your way is better, as it does allow more choices at the beginning. After all, some players might rather want to concentrate on ranged weapons instead, so the point in melee is sort of wasted for them.

Kai