Re: [Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch -

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch - new problem
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 02:51:18 +0530

at bottom :-

2011/11/17 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>      Cleaned up everything and started from scratch, right from
> cloning the git stuff.
>
> While adonthell compiled without an issue, adonthell-tools during
> configure stage itself says something like :-
>
> checking for ADONTHELL... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (adonthell >= 0.4.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'adonthell' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ADONTHELL_CFLAGS
> and ADONTHELL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> Ok, I looked at that page and everything went over me.
>
> This is what I have put up in .bashrc
>
> $ tail --lines=3 .bashrc
> #Putting my path variables for the user.
>
> export PATH="$PATH:$HOME/games/adonthell"
>
> $ echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin::~/games/adonthell
>
> Also this statement has confused me, it should spell out what needs to
> be done :-
>
> 'GNU Autotools
>
> The installation path is defined using the --prefix=/path/to/adonthell option.
>
> Note: There's no way to set the path for python bindings separately.
> Autotools will append the path to system's default python packages
> directory to the specified prefix. You will need to figure out the
> directory to be added to PYTHONPATH after installation. '
>
> Take an example and tell how one should do it.
>
> This is from http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Development:Compiling
>
> Sorry for all the persistent issues.

looked at the PKG_CONFIG_PATH thing as well (googled it) and added
that bit to my .bashrc as well but still no cookie for me :(

$ tail --lines=4 .bashrc
#Putting my path variables for the user.

export PATH="$PATH:$HOME/games/adonthell"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:$HOME/games/adonthell/lib/adonthell"

$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
:/home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/adonthell

I'm still getting the same error, no idea what to do next.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल