[Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch - new

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: [Adonthell-general] cleaned up everything and started from scratch - new problem
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 02:27:06 +0530

Hi all,
      Cleaned up everything and started from scratch, right from
cloning the git stuff.

While adonthell compiled without an issue, adonthell-tools during
configure stage itself says something like :-

checking for ADONTHELL... no
configure: error: Package requirements (adonthell >= 0.4.0) were not met:

No package 'adonthell' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ADONTHELL_CFLAGS
and ADONTHELL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Ok, I looked at that page and everything went over me.

This is what I have put up in .bashrc

$ tail --lines=3 .bashrc
#Putting my path variables for the user.

export PATH="$PATH:$HOME/games/adonthell"

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin::~/games/adonthell

Also this statement has confused me, it should spell out what needs to
be done :-

'GNU Autotools

The installation path is defined using the --prefix=/path/to/adonthell option.

Note: There's no way to set the path for python bindings separately.
Autotools will append the path to system's default python packages
directory to the specified prefix. You will need to figure out the
directory to be added to PYTHONPATH after installation. '

Take an example and tell how one should do it.

This is from http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Development:Compiling

Sorry for all the persistent issues.
--
          Regards,