Re: [Adonthell-general] error while trying out ./adonthell-mapedit

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] error while trying out ./adonthell-mapedit
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:00:26 +0100

2011/11/16 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:

> This means it has installed properly (at least it seems)

Yes. Looks good to me.

> Now get a segfault
[...]
> I have no idea as to where to look for this adonthell.world and other
> things it is showing/giving import error for.

These are the python wrappers for the individual engine modules. They
are required when loading a map, so that fails, while simply
displaying the help message works fine.

I would assume that the python scripts also ended up somewhere in
~/games/adonthell/
Search for _world.so to find them. Should be something like
lib/python<version>/site-packages/adonthell
There should be more stuff in that directory. Additional modules and
Python scripts.
If you have it, set PYTHONPATH to point to that directory.

And while you're at it, chances are that you'll also need
ADONTHELL_MODULES_PATH. That one needs to point to the directory
containing _gtk.so. Usually that's lib/adonthell/gfx/ inside your
install prefix.

Good luck and let me know when there are more issues.

Kai