Re: [Adonthell-general] error while trying out ./adonthell-mapedit

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] error while trying out ./adonthell-mapedit
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:16:56 +0100

2011/11/17 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> ok tried everything, googled it up and did it couple of different ways
> no progress.
>
> Although on the CLI I do get this output if I ask to echo the variable values
>
> $ echo $PYTHONPATH
> :/home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/python2.7/site-packages/adonthell
>
> ~$ echo $ADONTHELL_MODULES_PATH
> :/home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/adonthell/gfx

But those still have the /adonthell respectively gfx/ directories in
the path, while I think they shouldn't. I.e. echo should give you

/home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
and /home/shirish/games/adonthell/lib/adonthell/

If that still does not help, you can try something more basic:

Open a shell and run "python". That starts an interactive python
interpreter. At the python prompt, type

from adonthell import base <enter>

Does that work? If so, does this?

from adonthell import world <enter>