aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: more about KM

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: more about KM
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:41:06 +0530

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:31:42PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > I mean, is it really true that I can only make prepositions
> > like (:triple f s v)?  That's nuts.  I'd be forced to move
> > half of the stuff into lisp and call back & forth.  Maybe
> > that's what I'll end up with.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.  There are
> several possible interps.  One is that you have many non-binary
> predicates in your model.  Is that what it is?

Yes, I think so.  I bet OCC does too.

> It is very likely that you are on the "same page" regarding this, but
> just to be sure....The :triple thing is only necessary for certain stuff.
> Many rules can be written without it....but as I said, you already know
> that, right?

Yah, but any predicate is attached to a frame slot, correct?

> Anyway, this reaction of yours argues in favor of CycL.  I am much more
> familiar with Cyc than KM.
>
> > Do you have any experience with PowerLoom?  I'm going to play
> > with it for a few days and see how it feels.
>
> No experience.  Chances are pretty good that it sucks compared to CycL.
> What is its licensing?

Complete source code is available for non-commercial use.  (Licensing
is the only reason I'm not immediately using Cyc.)

PowerLoom seems much more similar to Cyc than KM.  I'm going to
play with it more today.

In any case, it's probably more important to finish up the rest
of the pending emails before taking a look at PowerLoom.  I'm
just giving you a clue what I'm working on.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader