aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: direction

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: direction
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:56:11 -0500 (CDT)

Minor, lame response, see below....

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> I am trying not to respond, but solving this simple misunderstanding
> could ease reading the rest of the email.

> > > Yes, that is exactly how Aleader defines the general category of
> > > admiration.  However, Aleader leaves the point-of-view unspecified.
> > > It sounds like OCC style admiration is always from the admirer's
> > > point-of-view.  To contrast, Aleader considers the point-of-view
> > > (the admirer or the admired) as a refinement of admiration.
> >
> > Huh?  But the experience of the admirer or the admired are completely
> > different!  So they are completely different emotions being experienced.
> > No?
>
> I am only trying to give you a clue about how Aleader's affective
> states are organized.  I am not asserting that the admirer and admired
> experience the same affective state -- obviously they don't.

Okay.  It's probably going to take me a while to restore brain state
to cache in all this stuff.  We may have to hit the reset button on this
discussion.  Or, if you protest, I'll dig in and re-read it all...However,
though the recent back and forth, I have become generally convinced that
we work flexibly enough in our thinking that we can try to *do* somethign,
e.g. a paper or somesuch.  Soon I'd like to tell you about an idea of
mine called the Open Heart.  My advisor came up with the name.  We might
be able to consider it a melding of your aleader stuff and my
dissertation.

Bill