aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: films

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: films
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:52:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:31:51AM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > I have a great potential idea...I could make films of the kids under my
> > charge at the elementary school.  Just saw the kids for the first time.
> > I can't believe I am actually doing this.  I do not self-identify with
> > elementary school teachers in the slightest but they are very nice and
> > seem quite good at what they do.  I'm not sure how I can fit in.  I'll
> > have to see on the human subjects or whatever aspects, get a feel for what
> > this school is like.  I'll ask my supervisor tommorrow.  Keep after me on
> > this.
> >
> > Johny can re-analyze his choices by watching interactions of the
> > playground involving himself and maybe even others.  But how can I film
> > the situation unobtrusively?
>
> I don't want to sound discouraging, but ideally you need more
> than one camera (2 minimum) set up on tripods recording from
> different angles.

Okay.  Whatever.  I'm still learning how to observe children on the
playground.  Maybe this will blossom into something filmic and useful in
an aleader context, maybe not.  Keep after me on this.

> > Hmm, here's a way out idea.  I sorta know
> > the director of photography of films like Dazed and Confused, Before
> > Sunrise and Slacker.  Maybe he would have something interesting to say?
>
> Sure, ask!

This will have to be a pipe dream for now.  I am so swamped with just
keeping up with the bare normal essentials of my two rotations.  But
hopefuly it will be more and more old hat.  The fact that I have
like 30 min free now is hopefully an auspicious sign of more time, but
maybe not until next week.  Vee shall see.

Bill