anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Building

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Building
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:55:50 +0000

On 2/25/06, Karl George Schaefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, considering the problems I encountered on Windows and the success you
> had had.  I was hoping that you would have some detailed instructions to
> get me started.  Once there, I think, the real work can begin.  We'll need
> to work with at least the CSV parsing stuff to get it to handle the new
> disciplines.

Have not got detailed instructions yet.  But here are some to get you started:

How to build ardb under Visual Studio .NET 2003 23 Feb 2006

This file documents the step I took to build ardb under Visual Studio .NET 2003.

1. Checkout the ardb  sources from the CVS server.
2. This will create the folder anarchdb in the current directory.
3. Download wxWidgets-2.6.2 and unpack it into the directory above anarchdb.
4. Download sqlite 2 and unpack it into the directory above anarchdb.
5. Download libxml2-2.6.23.win32, iconv-1.9.1.win32, zlib-1.2.3.win32,
and libxslt-1.1.15.win32
   from http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html and unpack into the
directory above anarchdb.

Build wxWidgets using the solution file in wxWidgets-2.6.2\build\msw but
set wxUSE_ MEDIACTRL in wxWidgets-2.6.2\include\wx\msw\setup.h to 0.
Create a empty win32 solution file for anarchdb, add the wxWidgets,
libxml, icinv,zlib and libxslt include directories to the anarchdb
solution.  Add the anarchdb sources to the
solution. Add the sqlite sources to the solution.  Configure the
library path and add the libraries.

Build.

Any questions just mail them to the list and I will help with what I
can.  Sorry I do not have more detailed instructions.

Graham.