antbear-devel

[Antbear-devel] Usecase discussion- detailed

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: [Antbear-devel] Usecase discussion- detailed
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:07:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Thorsten and Adam,

A few more questions/observations:

1) The FeedMaster function- to minimise traffic and
therefore minimise processing, the Supporter should
only send updates to the Master every x seconds, where
x is defined by the Master. x is communicated to the
Supporter when the connection between Master and
Supporter is first initialised. Do you agree?

2) Clarification of terms-

a)'Antbear' can be either a Master or Supporter or
both. Correct?

b)'Antbear' is *not* a half-life Gameserver. It is
more like a Communications Tool. It may reside on the
same machine as a Gameserver, but this is not
necessary, as long as it can reach the Gameserver.
Correct?

3) A Master can collect its data directly from
Gameservers, as well as from Supporters?

4)What does PerformSecurityChecks do? ie. what is
defined by a 'correct' incoming result? Should a
Supporter also do this check on data from its Masters
and Gameservers?

I guess after we clear up these questions and any
other questions you guys may have, we should then
update the UseCase diagram. Then we can start on
design docs such as class diagrams, data dictionary
and architecture...

Daniel.