antbear-devel

[Antbear-devel] Class Diagram 1st draft done & Threads

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: [Antbear-devel] Class Diagram 1st draft done & Threads
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:26:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

The Class Diagram 1st draft is now on CVS. It will
make more sense with a Collaboration/Sequence Diagram,
so I will do that tomorrow.

For now, please comment on anything obvious.

As I mentioned in the log message, the basic
philosophy of the design is that anything that goes
between the databases and connections (& vice versa)
must go through the AntbearEngine. That way the
AntbearEngine is a single point of control, making the
code easier to understand and maintain.

Multi-Thread stuff:

So, do we agree on the following?-

-1 thread to handle interactions with connected
Master/Supporters (or 1 thread for *each* connected
Master/Supporter??)

-1 thread to handle interactions with connected
Gameservers (or 1 thread for *each* connected
Gameserver??)

-1 thread to handle listening to and dealing with
existing Gameclient connections, and listening for new
connections of ALL types (ie.
Gameclient/server/Antbear)

-1 thread to handle the GUI interactions.

I guess we need to know what is the maximum/typical
size of the player lists downloaded from a Gameserver?
What is the max/typical size of player lists
downloaded from a Supporter? From a Master to a
client?

Mutex-

(Just to confirm, we will still need synchronisation
mutex stuff on the databases because you could
manually delete a peer connection via the GUI while at
the same time the Server was getting Gameclient
information from that connection.)

These questions may affect the Class Diagram so better
that we resolve them before we move on to coding,
etc.-do you think so?

Daniel.