antbear-devel

[Antbear-devel] Design idea to keep in mind- Keeping things flexible

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: [Antbear-devel] Design idea to keep in mind- Keeping things flexible
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:13:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

I think so far the design is quite flexible, but I
just wanted to point out that it'd probably be a good
idea to keep this flexibility, especially from a
protocol perspective- imagine- we could tailor the
Antbear to work with other gameservers, not just
Half-Life!!

At this stage, all we would need to do is change the
Message classes if we wanted to say do this for Doom
or whatever -even extend it to use with peer-to-peer
technologies such as the 'Napster' stuff.

Anyway, just an idea- Antbear would be so versatile if
we kept this flexibility in the back of our minds
throughout the design-development process.

Daniel.