antbear-devel

[Antbear-devel] Summary Doc, Update to Class Diagram, Connection States.

From: Daniel Ng
Subject: [Antbear-devel] Summary Doc, Update to Class Diagram, Connection States.
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:32:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

Adam, thanks for doing the html file- we definitely
needed that to keep track of our decisions.

I realised there are some mistakes in the Class
Diagram, in particular- the Gameserver and Supporter
classes are missing, and these should each be
associated with exactly 1 connection. Also, the idea
of a connection database is wrong. It should be a
Gameserver database, and a Supporter Database instead.
I will update the diagram then we can see if we
agree...

Adam, with the Threads part of the html docco, I think
we agreed on a GUI thread and a "GUI-dealer" thread
ie. 2 threads for the GUI. The GUI thread makes sure
the GUI is always refreshed eg. if the window is
moved. The "GUI-dealer" (what I referred to as 'GUI2'
in the mailing list) takes care of the action
requested via the GUI eg. disconnecting a Supporter.
If we all agree on this, I can update it...

Another separate issue- what do we do about the State
of a connection? For now, I am proposing to have a
single set of States that all connections can be in,
whether they are connections between Master+Client,
Master+Supporter, etc.

So, these states will be quite general eg. Sent List,
Received List, Sent Ack, Received Ack, etc. Later on,
we could have states like 'Authenticated' or 'Awaiting
Authentication'. I think this would be okay for the
current class diagram (the above changes to the
diagram won't affect this), because we have a separate
class per connection type, so we can later have a
separate State type for each connection type eg.
ConnToGameServerState vs. ConnToGameClientState.

Daniel.