apps-gnustep

ANN: MusicBox-0.2.9

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: ANN: MusicBox-0.2.9
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:21:19 -0400

 This is a pre-release for MusicBox-0.3.0.
I'll make official release on each 0.x.0 in the future, not randomly as before.
 I'll have a vacation soon.
 So MusicBox-0.3.0 will be released before I leave for a while.
 It is at http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/english/
 The CVS is at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/musicbox/

 MusicBox is separated into the underneath audio control library,
 and the user interface with playlist support.
 Therefore, it is easier for user to find out which part has problem.
 You can use the ./configure to set up the library part,
 which is depending on the external libraries.
 MusicBox use bundles a lot
 in order to minimize the dependency on any specific external libraries,
 and offer more flexibility to meet anyone's need.

 Almost all the functions are implemented in the minimum way.
 All I need to do in the future is to expand each function.
 Therefore, the overall structure should not change a lot.
 Only two things in my mind might change the overall structure:
 1. Move the playlist into a separated window as GNUmail.
    In that way, I don't need to make NSBrowser editable
    and accept drag-and-drop.
    Playlist in a separated window could offer more information,
    which is limited when integrated in the main window.
 2. Support GSburn and Encod in the future.
User might be able to drag-&-drop on the playlist window to burn or encode via these two applications.
    In that way, user don't even need to open the main window
    unless they want to specify the tracks/songs to burn/encode.

 Anyway, this release is for bug-fix.
 And I'm not a heavy user of MusicBox.
 So if you need any more function, please let me know.
 Frankly, the function of MusicBox for now is almost enough for me. :)

 Have fun

 Yen-Ju