aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] French dictionary

From: Melvin Hadasht
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] French dictionary
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:15:22 +0200

Hi Kevin,

on Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:

 > > Those names are there so the user can specify a dictionary directly.  I
 > > just committed a patch for support for multi files with the ".alias"
 > > extension.  Aspell will recognize files with this extension as valid multi
 > > dictionary files when specified directly (with or with out the extension)
 > > but will not pick them up when listing available dictionaries.

I'm happy with these changes, but I was wondering if, in the case where the
regionless .multi file is equivalent to a region .multi file, it would not be
more consistent to rename that regionless .multi file into an alias? E.g.:

cat fr-40.multi
# Generated with Aspell Dicts "proc" script version 0.12
add fr_FR-40.multi

shouldn't fr-60.multi be renamed fr-60.alias? Because now it lists:
fr-40
fr-60
fr-80
fr_CH-40
fr_CH-60
fr_CH-80
fr_FR-40
fr_FR-60
fr_FR-80

whereas actually (fr-40, fr-60, fr-80) is exactly the same as (fr_FR-40,
fr_FR-60, fr_FR-80). There is the same thing for de.multi and de_DE.multi.

Cheers

--
Melvin Hadasht