aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] French dictionary

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] French dictionary
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:02:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Melvin Hadasht wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> on Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
> Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  > > Those names are there so the user can specify a dictionary directly.  I
>  > > just committed a patch for support for multi files with the ".alias"
>  > > extension.  Aspell will recognize files with this extension as valid
> multi
>  > > dictionary files when specified directly (with or with out the
> extension)
>  > > but will not pick them up when listing available dictionaries.
>
> I'm happy with these changes, but I was wondering if, in the case where the
> regionless .multi file is equivalent to a region .multi file, it would not be
> more consistent to rename that regionless .multi file into an alias? E.g.:

No, the reason is if a user has there language set at "fr" or "fr_XX"
where XX is an unknown region that Aspell needs to be able to find the
regionless dictionary.  With .alias files Aspell will only find them if
the user explicitly specifies them with the "master" option.  It will not
find them if the user just provides a language.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org