aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] doxigen API documentation

From: Alexandre Leduc
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] doxigen API documentation
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:59:09 -0500

Hi

I understand that documenting the whole Aspell source is the Right Thing
but I'm aproaching this task from the perspective of a developer who
wants to learn to use Aspell as a library (i.e. not developing Aspell
itself). I'm using Aspell in a project I'm working on and I find the
current documentation to be too thin. This means I have play around with
the API, try to guess what the functions do and read the source code
itself, which could take a lot of precious time I don't necessarily have.

I decided to document the API from what I learn and am plublicizing my
effort in hopes that it may help others who want to use Aspell and I'm
hoping anyone can help me doing it. In other words, I'm scratching my
itch. I unfortunately don't have time to learn how to use Tex/Latex too.
I'll add QT style doxygen comments in aspell.h and I leave it at the
maintainers' discretion to use what I've done. Either way, I'll have
accomplished my initial goal, which is to learn to use Aspell how it's
meant to.

Regards,
Alexandre Leduc