aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Regarding Tamil Spell Checking

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Regarding Tamil Spell Checking
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:19:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Kasirajan M wrote:

> Hai
>       I am having one tamil document in unicode. When I try to
> check spelling through kword or kedit by using aspell,it is identifying
> the misspelled words correctly. But it is highlighting in different place
> not in original misspelled word except if the misspelled word is the first
> word of the line.

from the readme:

A.2.1 Unicode Support
---------------------

In order for Aspell to correctly spell check UTF-8 documents the "wide"
version of the curses library must be installed.  This is different from
the normal version of curses library, the and is normally named
`libcursesw' (with a `w' at the end) or `libncursesw'.  With out the
right curses version installed UTF-8 documents will not be display
correctly.

   In addition your system must also support the `mblen' function.
Although this function was defined in the ISO C89 standard (ANSI
X3.159-1989), not all systems have it.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org