Re: [Q] Compiling such that conf-dir is /etc/aspell ?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Q] Compiling such that conf-dir is /etc/aspell ?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:20:35 -0400

Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am almost done with packaging 0.28.1 of aspell for Debian.  Debian's
> policy states that config files need to go into /etc or /etc/<package>/
> I'd like to build aspell such that that built in conf-dir is /etc/aspell
>
> What files do I need to modify to do this?

Since there is only one [optional] configuration file I would say put it
in /etc.
However Aspell does not really need this configuration thus one is not
installed.

You should be able to control everything with configure flags to change
the conf-dir use --sysconfdir.

Also, DO NOT use "aspell dump config" to create a configuration file as
many variables are derived from other.

--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden