[Aspell-user] replacement list not working

From: Nikolai Buer
Subject: [Aspell-user] replacement list not working
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:57:40 +0200

Hi.

I can't get the replacement list to work properly with aspell. The
english one works fine, but the norwegian one seems to ignore the
replacement list.

Here's my replacement list in my home dir ~/.aspell.no.prepl:

personal_repl-1.1 no 0
aa å

The thing is that I want it to suggest å as a replacement for aa. If I
add the "aa å" replacement in the english dictionary it works fine, but
it is in the norwegian one I need it. I've also tried specifying on the
command line which replacement list to use, like this.

$ aspell --lang=no --repl=.aspell.no.prepl -a
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.3)
aa
# aa 0

No errors, it just ignores it.

I use Debian (sid) and I've tried both the packages and building my own
with the tar balls, but it still doesn't work. There seems to be a
problem because norwegian uses two dictionaries, bokmål and nynorsk, and
I had symlink bokmål.dat to no.dat in /usr/share/aspell.

Here are some config dumps.

$ aspell config repl
.aspell.en.prepl

$ aspell --lang=no config repl
.aspell.no.prepl

$ aspell -d norsk config repl
.aspell.<unknown>.prepl

For some reason "aspell -d norsk" and "aspell --lang=no" returns
different dumps, I'm sure there is a trivial answer to this, but I have
been unable to find out why.

I also put "lang no_NO" in ~/.aspell.conf, but it didn't make any
difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

nikolai.