Re: [Aspell-user] replacement list not working

From: Nikolai Buer
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] replacement list not working
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:03:22 +0200

Actually, it turns out that the list works, only not for the "aa å"
replacement. I'm still trying to find out for which combinations it
works.

For example, the replacement "aab å" works (if I type it aab, it will
suggest å) but not for aaa or aaaa, but it works for bb.

I don't know why it behaves in this way, it seems to work for any
combination, only not for a's. In Norwegian this is a replacement that
is needed because aa really is a substitute for å (it sounds like it,
and is used by people writing in Norwegian using an english keyboard).

There is still no soundslike pattern written for the norwegian
dictionary, but is there a way of including this replacement "aa å" now
that this doesn't work thruogh the replacement wordlist?

nico.