[Aspell-user] spell checking of russian

From: Andrei A. Voropaev
Subject: [Aspell-user] spell checking of russian
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:24:48 +0200

Hello!

I decided to give a try to spell checking of russian text and got really
interesting results :) If I type some garbage using russian letters then
I also get lots of garbage in possible replacements list. Words
like "kuv", "kiva", "kava" (those who know russian will understand what
I mean :)

Also if use --mode=email then first line of text is not checked at all.
It took me couple hours of experementing with one line of text till I
finally tried 2 lines of text and saw that it actually works. Just skips
the first line. I wonder if this is a "feature" and I should simply
check that line manually.

I'm using aspell under Linux. aspell -v produces

@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.3)

The russian dictionary that I've installed is aspell-ru-0.50-2.tar.bz2

$ aspell dump dicts
de
de_CH
de_DE
en
en_CA
en_CA-w-accents
en_GB
en_GB-w-accents
en_US
en_US-w-accents
ru

I'm using the command
aspell -c --lang=ru --encoding=koi8-r --mode=email test.file

Appreciate your help

--
Andrei