Re: [Aspell-user] Global Dictionary

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Global Dictionary
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:58:14 +0200

Hi Ok i try it again
Home again i'm able to send plaintext message and do not have to rely
uppon html to plaintext conversion of strange webmailclient.

Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 23:08 schrieb John Haverty:
> We are using Footprints here at Washburn University.  Footprints uses
> aspell for the spell checker.  We are trying to figure out if there is a
> way to add words to a global dictionary.
I do not kow  Footprint so i do not know if there exists a way to add
words via footprint.
> So far I am not having much
> luck finding an option to do this.  Is there such a thing for aspell
> that would allow one file to updated and other people when they perform
> a spell check it would check against that file?
Hm you schould have a look at the usermanual and in a next step ask
maintainer of your dictionaries directly for help.
But afaik from Usermanual you should be able to compile a list of words
into a dictionary which you than could ad to the language specific list of
dictionaries for one user.  As me is not involved into Dictionary
generation and spellchecking parts of aspell right now i can only give you
some hints

sorry
Christoph
ps. if you have got my first answer to tis mail than assume this as
obsolete. thanks

--
It doesn't matter what you are
it matters that you are yourself