Re: [Aspell-user] Writing Colloquial Speech

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Writing Colloquial Speech
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:36:21 +0200

Hi
Am Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2003 20:20 schrieben Sie:
> Thanks a lot for your response. I've now installed Lyx version 1.3.0
> (much prettier), ignoring the fact that it says it needs qt-2.2, and
> Aspell version 0.50.4
>
> The apostrophy thing seems to be cured except that aspell doesn't flag
> ANY word followed by an apostrophy.There also appears to be another
> problem :(
Hm this feature is not jet implemented in aspell

> any words selected for the personal dictionary are not added
> to it if Spellchecking is closed before the end of the document.
> Previously this was not the case and it's a real pain. I've
> run-with-aspell from the console and when I've tried adding words to the
> personal dictionary, closed Spellchecking before the end of the
> document, closed Lyx, the error message, "Mutex destroy failure: Device
> or resource busy" appears in the console. It also appears if I
> run-with-aspell and close Lyx without doing anything with Lyx so maybe
> it's a separate thing.
Hm this seems not to bee an error message issued by aspell atleast version
0.50.3 i've overhere may be it is an error message by aspell 0.50.4 (Kevin
could you please veryfiy or falsify this).
Unless this really is an aspell message i'd rather suspect the lynxbinding
beeing strictily tied to aspell < 0.50 and beein incompatible to aspell
>=0.50. In other word you will also have to figure out if there allready
exists a proper binding of lynx to newer aspell versions and how to get it.
Hope that helps
Christoph

--
It doesn't matter what you are