[Aspell-user] Aspell with Mac OS X - libncurses compatibility

From: David Garrard
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell with Mac OS X - libncurses compatibility
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:02:30 -0500

I am attempting to create an installer for Mac OS X for Aspell.

I have used the Aspell binaries from Fink as my starting point (0.50.2-1).
If you have Apple Developer Tools, installing via Fink Commander is quite
easy and I have successfully tested the installed Aspell against the
dictionaries that are also available there.  I used a Mac running Mac OS X
10.2.8 to retrieve the binaries from Fink and test their function.

My next step has been to author installers using MindVision's Firestorm
product so that I can distribute aspell along with my software application.
These installers do not require Fink Commander, so the goal is to make
Aspell more accessible to Mac OS X users.

On another Mac running 10.2.8, the installers appear to create all the
resources in the correct directories.  But when I go to the Terminal, and
type "/sw/bin/aspell -a blooyoyo" I get the following Terminal responce:

dyld: /sw/bin/aspell version mismatch for library:
/usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib  (compatibility version of user: 6.0.0 greater
than library's version:  5.0.0 Trace/BPT Trap

Does anyone have any advice as to where I might look to investigate?
libncurses should be the same on both machines I used as they are both fresh
Mac OS X 10.2.8 installations.

Thanks in advance

David Garrard