Re: [Aspell-user] Regarding to use multiple language dictionaries at a t

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Regarding to use multiple language dictionaries at a time
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:20:17 +0200

Hi Kasirajan
Am Mittwoch, 4. August 2004 06:00 schrieb Kasirajan M:
>       Now I want to perform spellcheck on that file at a time.
> How I can do that?
I'm sorry right now aspell is only able to spell one language at one time.
The only exception is if your document would contain two different flavours
better dialects of tamil. In this case you could load both dictionaries as if
they would be one.

In future it might be that aspell will be able to spell both languages. the
difficulty is how to detect which language the word belongs to and how to
handle sugestions. Eg.: a word may be properly spelled in one language and
improperly in the other. So which to pick.
[   ] Assume properly spelled and risk that it is used as a word from the
other language.
[   ] Assume improperly and risk that it is from the first language

If the parts of your document(s) containing tamil are clearly separable by the
english ones by some tag
  <begin tamil> .........<endtamil>
  "[...]   bla bla bla bla bla [...]"

or so you could do your task in two steps if you go and get aspell 0.60-pre2 .
You than use the context filter to hide the tamil part from aspell when
checking english spelling and to hide the english part when checking tamil.

> Expecting for invalueable response.
Hope that's not the case with the above.

cu
Chris