[Aspell-user] Mandrake 10.0, Aspell, Canadian, words to add

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: [Aspell-user] Mandrake 10.0, Aspell, Canadian, words to add
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:15:23 -0700

Hello,
I was reading an article on health and encountered this odd word which is
misspelled as per aspell.

spell check has en-dometrial and "en dometrial"
correct word = endometrial

I don't know if you want to create a science/botany/biology dictionary since
most of these seem to go around that area, however, it is spelling as per my
"World Book Encyclopedia" dictionary meanings... so I think it would be
considered safe to call American, Canadian and British.
--------
more endo-based words if you are willing to add them to the dictionaries...
(again, this is based on my world book dictionary which is fairly thick - you
may be able to pick it up at library if you can't confirm as per google
dictionary searching):
(oddly aspell found en-do instead of "endo-")

endolymph - fluid of the inner ear
endolymphangial - situated or contained in a lymphatic vessel
endolymphatic

endometrial - (mentioned above)

endometriosis - a non cancerous disease of women.... this one also has the
problematic "en dometriosis" and "en-dometriosis"

endometrium - the mucous lining of the uterus
endomitosis - a certain type of mitosis that occurs...
endomixis - a process of nuclear reorganization similar to conjugation...
endomorph - one of 3 hypothetical body types...
(the other 2 types are ectomorph and mesomorph)

might as well include "ectomorph", you already have "mesomorph"

endomorphic - of or like an endomorph
endomorphism - (already in Canadian dictionary) change in an endomorph...
endomorphy - endomorphic
endomyocarditis - inflammation....
endonuclease - an enzyme.....
endoparasite - an internal parasite...
endopeptidase - any of various proteolytic enzymes...
endoperidium - the inner peridium of a fungus...

(need to add peridium)

endophyte - a plant growing inside another plant
(endophytes)
endophytic - of or having to do with endophytes
endoplasm - inner portion of the cytoplasm
endoplasmic - having to do with endoplasm
endoplast - nucleus of a protozoan
endopleura - inner covering of a seed
endopodite - inner branch....
endopsychic - is within the soul
endoradiosonde - radio pill
endorsable
endorsation
endorse - (already there, + endorsed, endorsing)
endorsee
endorsement
endorser
endosarc - the endoplasm of a protozoan
endoscope - instrument for examining the interior of a hollow organ
endoscopic
endoscopist
endoscopy
endoskeletal
endoskeleton
endosmose
endosmosic
endosmosis
endosmotic
endosperm
endospore
endosporium
endosporous
endosteal
endosteum
endostome
endostosis
endostracum
endostyle - (I wonder how aspell would handle this)
endosulfan
endosymbiont
endosymbiosis
endosymbiotic
endothecium
endothelial
endothelioid
endotheliolysin
endotheliolytic
endothelioma
endothelium
endotheloid
endothermal
endothermic - (already in canadian)
endothorax
endotoxic
endotoxin
endotracheal
endotrophic
endow
endowment
endozoic - this is the last of the "endo-" words as per american based "World
book" dictionary.

....there are about 50+ other "endo-" words before the original endometrial,
so if you already entered the above and are willing for more:
endobiotic
endoblast
endoblastic
endocannibalism - the practice of eating flesh of persons belonging to same
tribe
endocardiac
endocardial
endocarditic
endocarditis
endocardium
endocarp
endocentric
endocorpuscular
endocranial
endocranium
endocrinal
endocrine
endocrinic
endocrinologic
endocrinological
endocrinologist
endocrinology
endocrinopathic
endocrinopathy
endocrinous
endocytosis
endoderm
endodermal
endodermic
endodermis
endodontia
endodontic
endodontics
endodontist
endoenzyme
endogamic
endogamous
endogamy
endogastric
endogen
endogenesis
endogenetic
endogenic
endogeneous
endogeny
endoglobular
endognath
endolymph
endolymphangial
endolymphatic

then next word is ...endometrial ...which caused this email  :-)
(unfortunately don't have a good-enough dictionary to verify if canadian
spelling also, but most of above words are techical in nature)