Re: [Aspell-user] new version and old dictionnary.

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] new version and old dictionnary.
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:38:11 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, bruno PIERRE wrote:

> Hi Kevin
>
> - Here is the core file stack generated with an aspell without the -O2
> options. More information is available: Please note the null string passed
> to aspeller::Language::name().
>
> - Our test program is a a 50 posix thread program making spell checks (no
> personal dictionary). We can send it to you if it helps.

I will look into it.  However, Aspell is not verfified to be thread safe
in that area.  It may turn out to be, but I have not specially designed it
to be.  You need to either use your own lock on the manager class or have
each thread have it own manager class (don't worry about space as they
will share the memory).

And, yes I know the manual can be misleading in this area.  I will work to
update it.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org