Re: [Aspell-user] question about aspell_speller_check function

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] question about aspell_speller_check function
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:02:57 +0200

Hi
Am Montag, 11. Oktober 2004 22:37 schrieb Tao Lin:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using GNU Aspell-0.50.3 (win32) download from
> http://aspell.net/win32/.  I call aspell_speller_check in the dll from
> my own application for spell checking.  When my sentience has a line
> like this:
>
> To login, enter your user ID and Password, and click the 'sign In' button.
>
> aspell_speller_check raise  'sign  &  In'  as unrecognized word.  Does
> any setting in Aspell so that aspell_speller_check regard 'sign & in'
> as legal word?

Seems you are using chineese or any other asian version of windows. As aspell
per default selects the dictionary for the system laguage you will have to
search for the configuration file of aspell and set the language to englisch
or allow user to set it from your application. In other words you have to
tell aspell which language to use.
cu
Xris
ps: man pages and documentation are your friends.