Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell

From: Clytie Siddall
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] installing aspell
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:25:21 +1030

On 23/02/2005, at 7:03 AM, Steven Stapleton wrote:

progess.
installing aspell 6.0 on a Mac OS X
we used the path command from afp548.com
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

So the dict installed now. The aspell is now running in en_us, german and french. Connection to CommuniGatePro was simple after that.

Thanks all for the help. So wanted to pass it along to the group, in case someone else runs it on a MAC OS X.3.7

Steven, if it's OK with you, could you please outline the steps for installing aspell v 6.0 on Mac OSX 10.3? (I'm currently running 10.3.8 but it shouldn't make any significant difference to 10.3.7.) I've copied this to you in case you're not still reading the list: I hope that is OK.

I installed aspell 5.x via Fink (it didn't have any later version), but I don't know how to update it to aspell 6.0, which I downloaded separately.

I need to use the Vietnamese dictionary, which I also downloaded separately, but don't know how to get aspell using it.

I need to be able to do this, so when I localize aspell in Vietnamese (for The Translation Project at the University of Montréal), I can explain how to set it up for our language.

I don't have a lot of experience in Unix installs, so I would appreciate an outline of what I need to do to get it working.

I had almost given up, because nobody answered my initial emails, but kept reading the list and saw your post today. :) Thankyou very much for being willing to pass on your experience. If I can get this working, I can pass it on to my community.

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc