[Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accept hyphens

From: Michael Bunk
Subject: [Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accept hyphens
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:06:54 +0530

Hi,

with aspell 0.50.3 linked into my C application upon calls to
aspell_speller_add_to_personal() I get messages like:

"Storing 'half-sweater' in personal word list gave 0 (0 = error, 1 = success).
Aspell error: The word "half-sweater" is invalid. The character '-' may not
appear at the middle of a word."

Why it may not appear? What to do? I didn't find helpful hints in the docs,
not even in "C.2 Words With Spaces or Other Symbols in Them".

Thanks.

Michael Bunk