Re: [Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accepthyphens

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell_speller_add_to_personal() doesn't accepthyphens
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:35:15 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> with aspell 0.50.3 linked into my C application upon calls to
> aspell_speller_add_to_personal() I get messages like:
>
> "Storing 'half-sweater' in personal word list gave 0 (0 =
error, 1 = success).
> Aspell error: The word "half-sweater" is invalid. The character
'-' may not
> appear at the middle of a word."
>
> Why it may not appear? What to do? I didn't find helpful hints
in the docs,
> not even in "C.2 Words With Spaces or Other Symbols in Them".

Hi Michael,
Why are you using such an early version? I had issues with that
aspect of aspell some time ago. I thought they were resolved. You
can see what I did in this project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/descdatadiary/
It is a windows project. It does not try to do a Unix install,
but you may find what I did in speller_impl.cpp interesting.

Best regards,
Gary